Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Travel sewing machine

 I needed a new travel machine and chose the Elna Experience 570. It only weighs 14 lbs. I like to do invisible applique and needed a machine that lets me narrow down the width of the applique stitch to barely there. This machine does beautiful invisible applique stitches! And there are 8 different applique stitches to choose from. In total, there are 200 stitches available on the 570.

The machine is a 7mm and this was fine for me since I mainly use a machine for quilting. I didn't need a wider stitch with my travel machine, and if I ever did need a wider stitch I can just use my regular machine. The screen also indicates exactly what foot you should be using with whatever stitch you’ve chosen to use, making sure you don’t accidentally break a needle on the wrong foot!


The light on the machine is bright but I'll add a table lamp next to me in the evening when I sew to help make it brighter.

I chose this machine because I'm spoiled by my main machine and need to have an automatic thread cutter. That feature is great! There are plenty of additional feet but it does not come with a walking foot, I will need to buy one if I decide I need one. I did buy a straight stitch needle plate to go with it, since I do a lot of piecing tiny fabric pieces.

On the side of the machine, you’ll find pull out stitch guides, too, making it easy to know which stitch you want to select.

I took the machine to a quilting retreat and the machine performed beautifully! I'll use this for years to come, I'm pleased I bought this one.


1 comment:

Judy H. said...

I have this machine as well! It’s a great machine, isn’t it?