Friday, February 23, 2024

Dritz Petite Press Mini Iron


I bought this little iron about 18 yrs ago and it's been a wonderful item to have next to my sewing machine. I use it when I'm piecing quilt blocks and it has had a tremendous amount of work over the years. I have a tiny pressing board next to it and it is so easy to iron seams, I don't have to get up and down, up and down, going to my big ironing board.


It has 4 heat settings on it for different weights of fabric, but since I use quilting cotton I always have it set to the high setting. The iron covers 2-1/2", which is perfect for ironing a jelly roll seam, or 2 halves of a charm square seam. It has a little beep when the iron is ready plus the red flashing light turns solid. There is an attached stand that keeps it from touching the table, it can be adjusted as well. The angle of the heating iron can be adjusted as well, very handy! I had the Clover mini-iron at one time but I bought this one because the iron is about twice the size, and is much better, in my opinion.

Mine has had much use! It had a white cushion where you can place your finger while pressing but mine disintegrated a few years ago! It's the only reason I'm thinking of retiring this one!

I bought a 2nd one 2 years ago but haven't opened the package yet because this one just keeps on working! 

No comments: